Before getting your tattoo :
Please do :
eat before coming to get your tattoo. Don’t increase your chances to faint or feel bad during the session.
come rested to the tattoo studio on your appointment day.
Take cotton clothes with you when you come at the studio so you’ll have no fibers to stick at your tattoo once it’s inked.
warn us via e-mail at least 48h in advance if you can’t come to your appointment or we will ask you again 50 euros deposit to take another appointment
Please don’t :
drink alcohol or use drugs several days before your appointment. It’s not about lifestyle, it’s about the quality of your skin.
The day of your appointment :
When you take an appointment at the studio, we give you a card where all the info you need for that day. Keep it and take it with you.
Think about taking the amount asked by your tattoo artist. We only take cash.
Be on time.
Come alone or with one person maximum. We’re a tattoo studio, not a bar and our tattoo artists need concentration to ink your skin.
- Always wash your hands before touching your tattoo !
- When you get home: Remove bandage within 2-3 hours after getting your tattoo. Do not re-bandage.
- Wash your tattoo with clean water. Be gentle, do not use a washcloth or anything that will exfoliate your tattoo. Only use your hands.
- Gently dry your tattoo with a clean cloth or paper towel. Do not rub, or use a fabric with a rough surface.
- The first 3-4 days: Rub a small amount of ointment on your tattoo (bepanthene cream i.e.). Make sure to rub the ointment in so that it is not shiny, or greasy– you want the thinnest amount possible. Pat off any excess ointment with a clean cloth or paper towel. Wash, dry and apply ointment 3-5 times daily, as needed.
- On the first night, you may want to wrap your tattoo in saran wrap to prevent sticking to your bedding. Do not use any cloth bandages or pads, as the fibers of this material can adhere to your open tattoo and hinder the healing process.
- Wear clean, soft clothing over your tattoo for the first 2 weeks– nothing abrasive or irritating. For a foot tattoo: go barefoot as much as possible. If you must wear shoes, first wrap your clean tattoo in saran wrap, then cover with a clean cotton sock before putting on your shoe. Avoid sandals or flip flops for this period to prevent chafing and damage to the tattoo.
- After day 4: On the 3rd or 4th day your tattoo will begin to peel. This is normal! Do not pick at the skin. Begin using a mild, white, unscented lotion, free of dyes or Perfumes.
Use lotion for minimum 2 weeks, 1-2 times daily at least.
Things to avoid :
- Do not pick, scratch, peel, slap, rub or irritate your tattoo.
- You can shower, but you may not soak your tattoo for 2 weeks. No swimming, soaking or hot tub.
- You may not expose your tattoo to the sun for at least 1 month, after that you must use sun block.
- Do not wear abrasive materials, jewelry, or shoes that rub against your tattoo.
- Do not let anyone touch your tattoo, unless they wash their hands.
- Do not drink alcohol for a few days after your tattoo.
Beware of gym equipment, wash it well before using it.
You can also :
- Ice your tattoo to reduce swelling.
- Elevate your tattoo, to reduce swelling.
Take short showers.
If you do not take care of your tattoo, it may become infected or damaged. Infections are very red around the outside of the tattoo and may have thin red lines extending from it. It may ooze, pus, or bleed abnormally. If you think your tattoo is infected, seek medical attention immediately.
If you have any questions about your tattoo or the healing process, please come by the studio or e-mail us. We decline any responsability in case of non respect of the tattoo aftercare instructions.